The following establishes procedures for in take of required documentation when requesting a permit for an addition to a residential structure. For further information, please refer to Addition To, Or Accessory for a House Requirements.
The Client Facilitator will:
- Review the application for completeness; along with two (2) sets of signed and sealed building plans, two sets of site plans, if addition is over 1,000 square feet, a sealed topographic survey is also required; energy calculations, and Owner Permit Affidavit(if Owner).
- If a department (Neighborhood Improvement, ARC, Barrio Latino, etc.) has active comments on project, the customer will be referred applicant to effected departments for approval. Applicant must have this information before submitting plans for review.
- All forms must be completely filled out with appropriate information at time of submittal.
- Plan exam fees are calculated and due at the time of submittal.
- Customer will be informed of all permit holds and Notice of Commencement requirements.
Who can obtain permit:
- Licensed General, Building, Residential Contractors, or authorized agents can submit and obtain this type of permit.
- A qualifying owner of a one or two family detached residential dwelling intended for own occupancy, must present photo identification and proof of ownership (recorded deed or tax receipt) at time of submittal.