Mayor Jane Castor, Chief Mary O’Connor, and the Tampa Police Department invite the community to participate in the 28th Annual Tampa Police Memorial 5K/1-Mile Run-Walk.
Run or walk the race, or just come out to cheer on the participants. Proceeds from the event benefit the Police Museum, Memorial Scholarship Program, charitable donations, and Tampa Police Memorial Monument improvements.
5K run starts at 8 a.m. 1-mile fun run/walk starts at 9 a.m.
- 32 officers will run together, each running in memory of the 32 fallen Tampa Police Officers. These officers will wear a memorial armband imprinted with each fallen Tampa Police officer's name
- Officers will unfurl the American flag while rappelling down the side of TPD headquarters.
- Police Helicopter fly-over
- Food for all participants
- Door prizes, give-a-ways, and refreshments will be provided