Sparkman Wharf celebrates 813 Day (August 13) with a social media fundraiser benefiting Keep Tampa Bay Beautiful, a nonprofit with the mission to promote a culture of environmental stewardship through volunteer and educational opportunities.
Sparkman Wharf will donate $5 (up to $1,000) for every photo taken in front of the Sparkman Wharf TAMPA sign and posted on social media from August 8 – August 13. The famous TAMPA sign will be decorated to mark the occasion. To enter:
- Take a photo with the TAMPA sign from August 8-13 with the special décor.
- Post on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
- Geotag Sparkman Wharf.
- Use the hashtags #813Day and #SparkmanWharf
The 813 celebrations will kick off on Monday, August 8. Sparkman Wharf will host a Tampa-themed trivia night on Tuesday, August 9. Splitsville will offer bowling specials throughout the week leading up to National Bowling Day on August 13.
What the community can expect at Sparkman Wharf on 813 Day:
- Live music by local bands from 3-5 p.m. and 6-10 p.m.
- A variety of $8.13 specials from various Sparkman Wharf retailers.
- Starting at 8:13pm, the first 50 people to visit Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams will receive one complimentary ice cream scoop and the first 20 people to visit JoToro Kitchen & Tequila Bar will receive a complimentary Mi Casa Margarita.
- LightHaus Beer Garden will be featuring local beers on tap and an $8.13 special on pizza rolls.