Old City Hall
315 E. Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602
A “Hybrid Live and Virtual” Meeting of the City Council of the City of Tampa has been called by the Chair of the City Council to conduct a public hearing on the City of Tampa’s 5-year Consolidated Plan and FY2023 One Year Action Plan, which include the Community Development Block Grant Program (“CDBG”), Emergency Solutions Grants Program (“ESG”), Home Investment Partnerships (“HOME”) and the Housing Opportunities for Persons with AIDS Program (“HOPWA”).
This hearing will be conducted with a live in-person quorum of the City Council present in City Council Chambers. Members of the public can attend in person in City Council Chambers or virtually participate in this public meeting by using the methods described herein.
Meeting details are as follows:
Date: Thursday, June 9, 2022
Time: 5:01 p.m.
Location: Old City Hall 315 E. Kennedy Blvd. Tampa FL 33602
The public and citizens of the City of Tampa will be able to watch, listen or view this meeting on: Cable TV: Spectrum Channel 640 Frontier Channel 15 Internet: https://www.tampa.gov/livestream
Members of the public will be able to virtually participate in this public meeting by using what is referred to by State of Florida statutes and rules as “communications media technology” (“CMT”) or by the following alternative methods:
- Send written comments by internet or web at https://www.tampa.gov/PublicComment
- Send written comments by email to TampaCityCouncil@tampagov.net
- Send written comments by US Mail to City of Tampa City Clerk, 315 E. Kennedy Blvd., 3rd Floor, Tampa, FL 33602.
- Speak remotely during public comment with the use of CMT: Complete the form at https://www.tampa.gov/PublicComment AND state on the form under “Request Type” that you wish to speak live during the public comment period. You will then be contacted with additional instructions on how to participate live through the use of CMT. Registration for speaking remotely must be requested at least 24 hours prior to the meeting.
- Participate by using CMT available at Old City Hall: Those individuals who do not have access to a communications media device have the option of participating via communications media technology, which will be made available to the public by the City of Tampa during the hybrid live/virtual meeting, at: Old City Hall 315 E. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa, FL 33602 (2nd Floor)
All comments must be received no later than 9:30 AM, Wednesday, June 8, 2022 (24 hours prior to the hearing) in order to be made a part of the official records.
Public comments timely received by mail, email, web, or via CMT will be afforded equal consideration as if the public comments were made in person.
For additional information, please contact City Council Attorney Martin Shelby at Martin.Shelby@tampa.gov or 813-274-8869.
The purpose of this Public Hearing shall be to:
- Present information concerning the CDBG, ESG, HOME, and HOPWA programs. Information shall include, but not be limited to, the types of activities previously undertaken, anticipated level of funding, range of eligible activities, and other pertinent program requirements. This information may be provided in writing.
- Obtain the views and comments of citizens concerning community development, priority housing and non-housing needs at the initial stage of program to be used by City staff in the preparation of the FY2023 One Year Action Plan.
- Afford to any person or organization the opportunity to be heard on this subject.
- Announce the release of the Fiscal Year 2023/ Program Year 2022 Request for Proposals for program funding. Please note that virtual workshops are available at https://www.tampa.gov/housing-and-community-development/funding-resources The purpose of these workshops is to: a. Present information concerning the referenced programs. Information shall include, but not be limited to, the types of activities previously undertaken, anticipated level of funding, range of eligible activities, and other pertinent program requirements. b. Review the application process. c. Clarify all submission dates and provide updated documents. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 286.26, Florida Statutes, persons with disabilities needing a special accommodation to participate in the Public Hearing should contact the City of Tampa’s ADA Coordinator at least 48 hours prior to the proceeding. The ADA Coordinator may be contacted by phone at 813-274-3964, by email at TampaADA@tampagov.net, or by submitting an ADA - Accommodations Request online form available at tampagov.net/ADARequest.**Closed Captioning is also available through the virtual meeting provider – those wishing to use such provider services are strongly urged to test and become familiar with them and how any assistive features may be accessed in advance of the prior 24 hour period – if you experience difficulty accessing such assistive controls or have other similar questions, please contact the City’s ADA Coordinator ** Although this Meeting is intended to obtain information for the preparation of the FY2023/PY2022 Annual Action Plan , City Council will not take formal action on the plan at this time. Any person wishing to appeal any matter to be considered at this meeting shall ensure that a verbatim record of the proceeding is made, including all testimony and evidence upon which the appeal may be based (F.S. 286.0105).