The City of Tampa Mayor’s Hispanic Advisory Council is formed by a group of Hispanic citizens, appointed by the Mayor, that serve as a liaison between the City government and the Hispanic community.
Goals and Objectives
- To serve as a liaison between local City government and the Hispanic community.
- To recommend programs, projects and activities which promote good relations among all citizens throughout the city.
- To serve as a forum for those who need to voice their concerns to community leaders and City officials.
- To promote a network of communication among the various community groups and organizations in working with each other as the need arises.
- To receive and disseminate information regarding the City’s assistance for those in need, important initiatives, emergency mandates, current events, and the scheduling and budgeting of capital improvement projects, particularly those which may have a specific effect on the Hispanic community.