Project ID: 1001541 | Department ID: TRANS20119 | Contract No.: TBD
This project provides for multimodal and safety improvements.
General maintenance and Complete Streets improvements to several streets and incorporated in this project in the Downtown Core: Tampa St from Brorein St to Jackson St; Florida Ave from Channelside Dr to Jackson St; & Brorein St from Ashley Dr to Morgan St.
As part of the project, these roadways will be resurfaced to remove deficiencies and provide a newly finished driving surface. This project will also include multimodal improvements to make these corridors safer for all users in accordance with the City’s Vision Zero initiative.
- Parking Protected Buffered Bike Lanes with conflict markings to allow for safer cycling;
- Pedestrian Bulb-outs to shorten pedestrian crossing distances;
- Enhanced Crosswalks to provide pedestrians with more visibility;
- Traffic Calming features to control speeds and reduce the likelihood of fatal crashes;
- Reconstructed Curb Ramps to provide ease of use and accessibility to people with disabilities.