City Project No.: 1001541
This project provides for multimodal and safety improvements.
General maintenance and Complete Streets improvements to several streets and incorporated in this project in the Downtown Core: Tampa St from Brorein St to Jackson St; Florida Ave from Channelside Dr to Jackson St; & Brorein St from Ashley Dr to Morgan St.
As part of the project, these roadways will be resurfaced to remove deficiencies and provide a newly finished driving surface. This project will also include multimodal improvements to make these corridors safer for all users in accordance with the City’s Vision Zero initiative.
- Parking Protected Buffered Bike Lanes with conflict markings to allow for safer cycling;
- Pedestrian Bulb-outs to shorten pedestrian crossing distances;
- Enhanced Crosswalks to provide pedestrians with more visibility;
- Traffic Calming features to control speeds and reduce the likelihood of fatal crashes;
- Reconstructed Curb Ramps to provide ease of use and accessibility to people with disabilities.
Contact Information ¶
Project Manager: Jola Olbinska, P. E.
If you have questions about this meeting or project, please use the email link below:
Costs and Schedule ¶
|Phase||Firm||Cost||Funding Source||Schedule Start||Schedule Finish|
|Topographic Survey||Southeastern Surveying and Mapping Corp.||$35,000||Resurfacing||Spring 2019||Spring 2019|
|Resurfacing Design||HNTB||$150,000||Resurfacing||Spring 2019||Spring|