Project ID: 1001531
Department ID: TRANS20026 | Contract No.: 20-C-00035 | FDOT FPN 436640-1
This project provides for reconfiguring the existing 4-lane undivided roadway to a complete street with two (2) 11-feet travel lanes, a two-way left turn center lane plus an on-road bicycle lane in each direction and enhanced crosswalks at the intersections of both Jefferson St. and Central Avenue.
The proposed improvements will reduce conflicts and sight obstruction hazards along the corridor making it safer for all users in accordance with the City’s Vision Zero initiative while maintaining the existing roadway’s level of service.
- Improved bicycle connectivity with proposed dedicated on-road bicycle lanes with pavement messaging.
- Green Colored Pavement in bicycle/motor vehicle conflict areas.
- Center two-way left turn lane to queue vehicles outside the through lanes.
- Special Emphasis Crosswalks with push button activated, Rectangular Rapid-Flashing Beacons.
- Brick pavers Pedestrian Refuge Islands with yellow paint and vertical tubular markers.
- ADA pedestrian ramps.
- Proposed pedestrian haven Islands to create Right-In/Right Out only on the southern legs of both N. Elmore Ave. and Taliaferro Ave.
- Proposed bulb-out on the northwest corner of the northern leg of N. Elmore Ave. Some Sidewalk segment additions.
How to get involved: ¶
Your comments are valuable to us and we want you to get involved! Please use the tools below to provide your input.
Send Email Comments to the Project Manager, Nina Mabilleau, E.I.
Please join us at the Public Meeting, Tuesday, February 21st @ 6:00 p.m.
Costs and Schedule ¶
|Phase||Firm||Cost||Funding Source||Schedule Start||Schedule Finish|
|Design||City / Stantec /Tony Monk||$150,000||City CE Impact Fee||Nov-19||Feb-23|
|Construction||TBD||$1,384,000||City CE Impact Fee||Jun-23||Aug-24|
|Construction Inspection||In-House||$102,400||FDOT (LAP)+City CE Impact Fee||Jun-23||Aug-24|
Additional Information ¶
- Public Meeting - Presentation Slides, Tuesday, February 21, 2023
- Project Fact Sheet (Printable)
- Public Meeting #1 (Virtual) (Presented on August 25, 2020)
- Public Meeting #1 - Presentation Slides (08-25-2020)
- Public Meeting #1 - Presentation Slides with Transcript (08-25-2020)