To mark Mayor Jane Castor’s second year in office, the City of Tampa celebrates the achievements and milestones of the current administration. Watch and share the video on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, and/or YouTube.
- Passing the first budget starting in the black since the great recession
- Launching the Bridges to Business vendor certification tour to help small business owners learn how to become certified and work with the City
- Issuing an executive order recognizing LGBT businesses as part of the City’s Women and Minority Owned Businesses Program
- Passing P.I.P.E.S. the largest water/wastewater infrastructure renewal plan in the City’s history to replace Tampa’s aging pipes
- Raising the minimum wage for city employees to $15/hr
- Launching Intersection of Innovation to engage Tampa’s innovative community
- Becoming the 2nd City in the U.S. to own its waste-to-energy plant
- Declaring Tampa as a Vision Zero city to support the mission of eliminating traffic-related fatalities and creating safer streets for all
- Leading community through the COVID-19 pandemic with critical recovery efforts like $3.45 million in One Tampa relief, Lift Up Local program, distribution of over 650,000 free face coverings, and vaccine distribution
- Announcing the Rome Yard Redevelopment Plan, an opportunity to restore vacant, underutilized City land to a vibrant community serving many community needs in West Tampa
- Announcing a new Mayor’s Workforce Council and Apprenticeship Ordinance that will leverage major City construction projects to provide career opportunities for thousands of local residents
The Mayor’s Strategic Goals were developed as a result of the Mayor’s T3 Advisory Teams that convened in 2019 immediately following the Mayor taking office. These teams formulated a preliminary roadmap for the Mayor’s initial priorities, leading to the current Strategic Goals.
Full video is available for download at tampa.gov/mediatoolkit