Due to an unforeseen service interruption at the McKay Bay Waste to Energy Plant:
- The McKay Bay Waste Management Resource Facility, located at 114 S. 34th St. will be closed to the general public beginning Monday, July 12 through Saturday, July 17. The facility will reopen to the general public on the following Monday, July 19. Residents are encouraged to use alternative waste disposal facilities. Please use the contacts below for more information on accepted items, rates, and facility hours.
- Blue Monkey Disposing & Recycling - (813) 900-3475
- Waste Management - https://www.wm.com/us/en/drop-off-locations
- Hillsborough County Solid Waste - https://www.hillsboroughcounty.org/en/newsroom/2021/07/12/temporary-solid-waste-disposal-options-at-hillsborough-county-facilities
- Consolidated Resource Recovery - https://www.resourcerecovery.com/
- Commercial contractors, please contact your City of Tampa Solid Waste Department representative for more information.
- All collection services are experiencing delays:
- Trash, recycling, and yard waste collection service is experiencing delays. In case of delay, please leave your cart/yard waste curbside through the remainder of your regularly scheduled collection day. Our team is working diligently to get routes completed.
- Commercial collection is experiencing delays.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Customers may contact the City of Tampa Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811, or visit the website at www.tampa.gov/solidwaste if they have any questions or concerns.