Starting at 9 p.m. on June 7, department crews will begin scheduled maintenance cleaning and televising the sewer main pipes on various streets in downtown Tampa.
The scheduled maintenance will take place between the hours of 9 p.m. – 5 a.m. through June 13 in the areas listed below:
- The northbound lane of N 11th Street between Kennedy Boulevard and Cumberland Drive.
- The northbound lane of N 12th Street between E Whiting Street and Cumberland Drive.
- The northbound lane of N Meridian Avenue between Kennedy Boulevard and E Washington Avenue.
- The westbound lane of E Whiting Street between N 11th Street and N Meridian Avenue.
- The center lanes of E Twiggs Street between N Meridian Avenue and Channelside Drive.
- The southbound lane of Channelside Drive between Beneficial Drive and Water Street.
- The southbound lane of Channelside Drive between E Whiting Street and Cumberland Drive.
Barricades and signs will be located in the areas to assist with rerouting and traffic flow.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternative routes to avoid traffic congestion.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Charlie Lynch, P.E., Chief Engineer
City of Tampa – Wastewater Department
(813) 274-8916; [email protected]