Starting November 5th at 9 p.m., there will be temporary lane closures and turn restrictions on West Spruce Street and North Lois Avenue while a department contractor vacuum excavates and tests the thickness of a wastewater force mainline pipe in the area. This scheduled maintenance will impact the following areas:
- Partial closure of the left lane on North Lois Avenue between W Spruce Street and West Union Street.
- Left turns will be restricted from North Lois Avenue onto West Spruce Street.
- Motorists traveling east on West Spruce Street will be restricted at North Lois Avenue.
- Partial closure of the right lane on West Spruce Street at the intersection of North Lois Avenue.
- Right turns will be restricted from North Lois Avenue onto West Spruce Street.
These restrictions will remain in place until 4 a.m. on November 6th. The contractor will return at 9 p.m. on November 6th to complete the inspection. These partial lane closures and turn restrictions will again be in place. The streets will reopen to normal traffic patterns by 4 a.m. on November 7, 2020, weather permitting.
A high-resolution map of the work area and closures is embedded below. The City of Tampa recommends that motorists use alternative routes to avoid traffic congestion. See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures
For additional information, please contact:
Eric Weiss, P.E., Director
City of Tampa – Wastewater Department
(813) 274-8039; email@example.com