A portion of N Jefferson Street, N Pierce Street, E Cass Street, and Nuccio Parkway will close nightly from 7 pm to 5 am beginning on Tuesday, January 4, 2022, for utility maintenance. A utility contractor will be surveying wastewater manholes at several locations in the Downtown and Ybor City areas.
The Following intersections and roads will be impacted during the nightly lane closures:
- N Jefferson Street and E Washington Street - intersection
- N Jefferson Street and E Zack street - intersection
- N Pierce Street and E Jackson Street - intersection
- N Jefferson Street (E Kennedy Boulevard - E Twiggs Street)
- E Cass Street (N Nebraska Avenue - N Jefferson Street) – center lane
- E Cass Street (N Jefferson Street - N Orange Avenue/N Pierce Street)
- Nuccio Parkway (E 7th Avenue - N Nebraska Avenue) – westbound lanes
Traffic will be intermittently maintained at all times during construction, with delays.
All lanes on N Jefferson Street, N Pierce Street, E Cass Street, and Nuccio Parkway will reopen to traffic by 5 am on Wednesday, January 5, 2022, weather permitting.
The City of Tampa recommends that motorists allow for extra travel time when traveling through Downtown Tampa and Ybor City and use alternative routes to avoid congestion.
ROW-22-0000064, ROW-22- 0000206, ROW-22-0000216, ROW-22- 0000217 & ROW-22- 0000231
For additional information, please contact:
Debbie Herrington, P.E., Transportation ROW Engineer
City of Tampa Mobility Department
(813) 274-3104; firstname.lastname@example.org