Traffic is expected to be heavy this weekend in and around downtown Tampa/Bayshore Boulevard due to the Gasparilla Distance Classic races. Drivers and pedestrians alike are advised to allow for extra travel time and to travel through the area with caution. Barricades and signs will be located to assist with traffic flow.
The following streets will be closed starting at 2:30 a.m.
- Bayshore Boulevard between W Gandy Boulevard and W Brorein Street
- Davis Islands on-ramp from Bayshore Boulevard to Davis Islands
- Davis Islands off-ramp from Davis Islands to Bayshore Boulevard
- W Platt Street/Channelside Drive between S Plant Avenue and S Franklin Street
- S Franklin Street between Channelside Drive and Water Street
Bayshore Boulevard between W Gandy Boulevard and W Bay to Bay Boulevard is expected to open by 10:00 a.m. each day. The rest of the streets are expected to open by 1:00 p.m. each day.
See all road closures at www.tampagov.net/RoadClosures