The water main replacement project along West Shore Boulevard that began June 21, 2021 has entered a new phase. The water main replacements along S West Shore Blvd between W Oakeller Ave and W Swann Ave has largely been completed. Construction has now moved northward. A City of Tampa contractor has been replacing the water mains along S West Shore Blvd with new and larger diameter water mains, improving water pressure and water quality.
- A portion of S West Shore Blvd between W Swann Ave and W Azeele St will experience intermittent daily lane closures.
- Flaggers will maintain alternating northbound and southbound traffic from Monday through Friday, from 7am to 7pm. Drivers should expect to experience some delays.
- Sidewalks within the work areas will remain open. Safety fencing at the work locations will be installed between the sidewalk and the work.
Anticipated Construction Timeline
- Pipe bursting construction from W Swann Ave and W Azeele St will start February 7, 2022 with an expected completion date of February 14, 2022.
- Pipe bursting construction from W Azeele St to W Kennedy Ave is expected to be completed by mid-March 2022.
- Paving much of the north bound lane S West Shore Blvd from W Oakeller Ave to W Kennedy is in the planning stages and will start after all pipe bursting operation are completed.
This work is part of a larger capital improvement project and is being completed using a special pipe bursting technology to minimize residential disruption. The entire construction project is scheduled to be completed earlier than anticipated. We are now anticipating project completion by late March 2022.
See all road closures at www.tampa.gov/RoadClosures.
CWS-22-0000193, CWS-22-0000194, CWS-22-0000195
For additional information, please contact:
Albert Calloway, Chief Construction Engineer
City of Tampa Contract Administration / Construction Management