This project provides for general maintenance and complete streets improvements to several streets in the Downtown Core: Tampa St from Brorein St to Jackson St; Florida Ave from Channelside Dr to Jackson St; & Brorein St from Ashley Dr to Morgan St.
As part of the project, these roadways will be resurfaced to remove deficiencies and provide a newly finished driving surface. This project will also include multimodal improvements to make these corridors safer for all users in accordance with the City’s Vision Zero initiative.
- Parking Protected Buffered Bike Lanes with conflict markings to allow for safer cycling;
- Pedestrian Bulb-outs to shorten pedestrian crossing distances;
- Enhanced Crosswalks to provide pedestrians with more visibility;
- Traffic Calming features to control speeds and reduce the likelihood of fatal crashes;
- Reconstructed Curb Ramps to provide ease of use and accessibility to people with disabilities.
Additional Project Information
If you have any questions regarding the design plans, please reach out to the City’s Project Manager: Jolanta Olbinska, P.E. at [email protected] or (813) 274-8122.