Green ARTery’s goal is to connect a network of trails and paths to the Hillsborough River, McKay Bay, neighborhood assets, neighborhood parks, natural springs, tree-canopied streets, public art, and other attractions that traverse Tampa’s beautiful central core. The mission of the neighborhood-based effort is to identify, enhance, and expand pedestrian/wheelchair, bike paths, parks, Greenways and trail systems that safely connect green spaces through the City, while emphasizing the beauty of the City’s existing assets and acknowledging the need to continue building upon that beauty. City and Metropolitan Planning Organization’s Walk-Bike Plan Phase V concept was for a connected trail system from downtown Tampa, running east to Ybor City, north to the Hillsborough River, and west and south to the northern end of the Tampa Riverwalk. These areas are some of Tampa’s most historic neighborhoods, contain beautiful parks, and are booming with up and coming shopping districts. The Perimeter Trail will provide an option to driving to these destinations and instead provides a healthy way to safely stroll, skate, or cycle around the urban core.
As such this Segment E (1.264 miles) proposes the following:
- Widening the existing 5-foot sidewalk on the west side of Florida Avenue to an 8-foot multi-use path from Bird Street to River Shore Drive
- Provide Bicycle Blvd. markings on River Shore Drive & Kirby Street from Florida Avenue to North Blvd.
- Provide Share-the-Road markings on North Blvd. from Kirby Street to Sligh Ave.
- Provide new 5-foot sidewalk with a 2-foot grass buffer on the northwest side of River Shore Drive from Florida Ave. to Kirby Street and also on the north side of Kirby Street from River Shore Drive to North Blvd., and
- Provide new crosswalk with bicycle/pedestrian crossing signage at the intersections of
- Kirby Street & North Blvd.
- North Blvd. & Lowry Lane, and
- North Blvd. & Clinton Street.
Additional Project Information
- Project Fact Sheet
- Public Meeting Notification (English)
- Public Meeting Notification (Spanish)
- Public Meeting Webinar (Presented Aug. 6th)
- Public Meeting Presentation (GREEN ARTery PERIMETER TRAIL SEGMENT E PUBLIC WEBINAR was presented on Aug 6, 2020 5:30 PM EDT)
[email protected] (email to submit public comments)