City Project No: 1001932; FPN: 446877-1
This project provides for safety, multimodal, and operational improvements.
This project provides for 2.93 miles of roadway improvements to reduce vehicle speeds, improve operations, enhance access, and improve safety for motorists, pedestrians & cyclists. Conversion of Interbay Blvd from an existing 2-lane undivided road to a proposed 3-lane divided road, west of Dale Mabry Hwy, pavement to be resurfaced and restriped. Intermittent widening of the roadway to accommodate a center two-way left turn lane (or intermittent left-turn pockets) along the corridor from West Shore Blvd to Dale Mabry Blvd.
This roadway is partially functionally classified as a Collector Road and partially a Neighborhood Collector, east of Dale Mabry Hwy.
- Proposed addition of an approximately 10’ wide trail, on one side of the corridor.
- Sidewalk gaps on opposite side of the right-of-way from the trail (50% of total length) are proposed to be filled with new sidewalk segments.
- Possible roundabouts or extensive turn lane widening/signal modifications at the intersections of West Shore Blvd, Lois Ave, and MacDill Ave.
- Operational Improvements at the Dale Mabry Hwy intersection.
- Possible new signalized intersection at Himes Ave.
- Approximately 8 new Rapid Rectangular Flashing Beacon (RRFB)-enhanced crosswalk locations, between major intersections.
- Proposed addition of a center turn lane within the corridor.
- Potential reductions of open ditch drainage system.
- Milling and Resurfacing.
- Proposed landscaping / irrigation.
Costs and Schedule ¶
|Phase||Firm||Cost||Funding Source||Schedule Start||Schedule Finish|
|Feasibility Design||Kimley-Horn||$710,000||Interbay Multi-Modal Fees||Apr-21||Mar-22|
|Construction Eng. Inspection||TBD||~$548,000||TBD||TBD||TBD|