This project provides for 2.93 miles of roadway improvements to reduce vehicle speeds, improve operations, enhance access, and improve safety for motorists, pedestrians & cyclists. Conversion of Interbay Blvd from an existing 2-lane undivided road to a proposed 3-lane divided road, west of Dale Mabry Hwy, pavement to be resurfaced and restriped. Intermittent widening of the roadway to accommodate a center two-way left-turn lane (or intermittent left-turn pockets) along the corridor from West Shore Blvd. to Dale Mabry Blvd.
This roadway is partially functionally classified as a Collector Road and partially a Neighborhood Collector, east of Dale Mabry Highway. Improvements include:
- Proposed addition of an approximately 10’ wide trail, on one side of the corridor.
- Sidewalk gaps on the opposite side of the right-of-way from the trail (50% of total length) are proposed to be filled with new sidewalk segments.
- Possible Roundabouts or extensive turn lane widening/Signal modifications at the intersections of West Shore Blvd., Lois Ave., and Macdill Avenue.
- Operational Improvements at the Dale Mabry Hwy intersection.
- Possible new signalized intersection at Himes Avenue.
- Approximately 8 new RRFB-enhanced crosswalk locations, between major intersections.
- Proposed addition of a center turn lane within the corridor.