Request New Street Light
The City of Tampa has partnered with Tampa Electric Company (TECO) to improve the quality of life in our neighborhoods and business communities. The Bright Lights, Safe Nights street lighting program focus includes:
- Budget of $2.2 million over the next five years
- Installing new street lights at selected locations beginning in Spring 2013
- Targeting locations in zones with high crime or high crash rates.
- Adding approximately 8400 new street lights over the next five years, expanding the current street light network by 30%.
- Monitoring the city-wide inventory of street lights ensuring the replacement of dimming street lights and the removal of tree branch obstructions
- Keeping our streets and sidewalks safe for our residents and visitors to enjoy
This strategic initiative fulfills a promise to complete a city-wide lighting inventory to determine where street lights need to be installed, updated, repaired, or replaced.
To participate in the Bright Lights, Safe Nights street lighting program, please contact our Call Center at (813) 274-3101 to request a new street light or visit our Customer Service Center.
Street Light Out Reporting
Approximately 90% of all street lights in the City of Tampa are maintained by Tampa Electric Company (TECO). Most TECO maintained street lights can be identified by a gray metal band attached to the pole containing a series of number.
To report a TECO street light outage, please contact TECO at (813) 223-0800.
TECO Pole Tag
|Report a TECO Maintained Street Light Out|
The approximately 10% of remaining street lights in Tampa are maintained by the City of Tampa. Street lights on bridges or that have yellow tags are typically maintained by the City of Tampa.
To report a City of Tampa maintained Street light outage, please contact the Transportation and Stormwater Services call center at (813) 274-3101.
City Pole Tag
|Report a City Maintained Street Light Out|
For other inquiries please contact the Transportation and Stormwater Services call center and asked to speak to the street light coordinator at (813) 274-3101.