Customer Assistance Program
The City of Tampa offers a Customer Assistance Program to provide relief for qualifying account holders. This program will waive all base charges and include a free water conservation audit and complimentary water conserving devices.
City of Tampa utility account holders must meet the following criteria:
- Must be billed by the City of Tampa for water and/or wastewater services -- either as a residential account OR as an apartment account at a location where each individual apartment is serviced by its own City of Tampa water meter, and;
- Resides in the home where the water service is billed, and;
- Has a household annual income of up to 50% of Area Median Income (AMI), as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
The current income limits for 2021 are below:
- 1 Person: $25,850
- 2 People: $29,550
- 3 People: $33,250
- 4 People: $36,900
- 5 People: $39,900
- 6 People: $42,850
- 7 People: $45,800
- 8 People: $48,750
- Be the primary utility account holder OR have power of attorney/legal authority for the account holder at that service address and be responsible for payment of the utility bill, and;
- Participate in the water conservation program, using one of the following choices:
- An on-site home water audit performed by a Water Department specialist; or
- A “do it yourself” home water audit with some assistance from a Water Department specialist; or
- Participation in an on-line water conservation educational Power Point presentation; or
- A classroom water conservation educational class conducted by a Water Department specialist (locations and dates to be determined).
Approved program participants must requalify annually to retain relief from the water and wastewater base rates.