Customer Assistance Program
The City of Tampa offers a Customer Assistance Program to provide relief for qualifying account holders. This program will waive all base charges and include a free water conservation audit and complimentary water conserving devices.
City of Tampa utility account holders must meet the following criteria:
- Must be billed by the City of Tampa for water and/or wastewater services -- either as a residential account OR as an apartment account at a location where each individual apartment is serviced by its own City of Tampa water meter, and;
- Resides in the home where the water service is billed, and;
- Has a household annual income of up to 50% of Area Median Income (AMI), as determined by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
- Be the primary utility account holder OR have power of attorney/legal authority for the account holder at that service address and be responsible for payment of the utility bill, and;
- Participate in the water conservation program, using one of the following choices:
- An on-site home water audit performed by a Water Department specialist; or
- A “do it yourself” home water audit with some assistance from a Water Department specialist; or
- Participation in an on-line water conservation educational Power Point presentation; or
- A classroom water conservation educational class conducted by a Water Department specialist (locations and dates to be determined).
Approved program participants must requalify annually to retain relief from the water and wastewater base rates.
The current income limits for 2021 are below:
- 1 Person: $25,850
- 2 People: $29,550
- 3 People: $33,250
- 4 People: $36,900
- 5 People: $39,900
- 6 People: $42,850
- 7 People: $45,800
- 8 People: $48,750