The Purchasing Department located at 306 East Jackson Street, Tampa Municipal Office Building is open for business via phone, email and online, however, as a precautionary measure to COVID-19 transmission, effective Friday, March 27th we will not be accepting walk-in customers.
For submittals to solicitations the following methods must be utilized:
- Request for Electronic Quotations (REQ) – Must be submitted as an attachment via email to: [email protected]t as detailed in the solicitation document.
- Invitation to Bids (ITB) - May be submitted electronically an attachment to an email addressed to [email protected] as detailed in the solicitation document. Hardcopy submittals must be done via US Mail, Fed-Ex, UPS or other shipping methods.
- Request for Proposals - May be submitted electronically an attachment to an email addressed to [email protected] as detailed in the solicitation document. Hardcopy submittals must be done via US Mail, Fed-Ex, UPS or other shipping methods.
Verification of the City’s receipt of solicitation submitted by email is the responsibility of the Bidder/Proposer. To verify receipt of bids sent electronically, Bidders may contact the Purchasing Department at 813-274-8351. Failure of the City to receive such a bid by the date and time specified on the solicitation document will result in non-consideration.
All Public Meetings (including Pre-Bid Meetings, Pre-Proposal Conferences, Bid/RFP openings, Evaluation Committee Meetings, etc.) will be accessible online and a schedule will be posted on our department Public Meetings web page.
All questions should be directed to Purchasing’s main number by dialing 813-274-8351 for assistance.
NOTE: Contract Administration Department Construction Project Bids and A/E Consulting RFQ responses must be submitted as instructed on their website at https://www.tampa.gov/contract-administration.
Welcome to the Purchasing Department, which is responsible for all aspects of the City's centralized procurement process.
Purchasing Department Bid Schedules
- Contract Administration - Construction Related Contracts
- Contract Administration - Architectural, Engineering and Related RFQs
- Equal Business Opportunity - Vendor Certifications for Women/Minority Owned Business Enterprise (W/MBE) and Small Local Business Enterprise (SLBE) Programs
- Revenue and Finance - Accounts Payable and Budget Departments
- DemandStar - Vendor Registration to Receive Bid/Quote Documents
- GovDeals - Sale of Surplus Goods
- How to Do Business with the City