HOUSING HIGHLIGHTS ¶
Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP).
Building Tampa's Equitable Tomorrow
Mayor Castor and the City of Tampa have made the development of Workforce and Affordable Housing a strategic priority of the Mayor’s ‘Transforming Tampa’s Tomorrow’ vision. The details of that strategy can be found here: https://www.tampagov.net/t3/housing-affordability
There are many continuing and new opportunities to invest in our community’s future and to be part of Tampa’s tomorrow. We want to ensure that all partners and stakeholders can align their efforts with the City’s housing affordability strategy.
- The City’s Housing Affordability Strategy and Recommendations
- The City’s Community Land Trust (CLT) – coming soon!
- Workforce and Affordable Housing projects on the horizon
- New policies and partnership opportunities
- Longer-term strategies, including use of Opportunity Zones
Improving Lives and Communities Across Tampa
The Housing and Community Development Division (HCD) plays a lead role in the development of housing and citizen support programs to serve the city's low and moderate income households, homeless, and disabled populations. HCD maintains and expands housing opportunities for low and moderate income persons and families in the city by:
- Preserving the city's housing stock through rehabilitation and repair assistance programs.
- Expanding the supply of affordable housing for lower income renters and owners, including first-time home buyers.
- Serving the needs of the homeless community and partnering with homeless service providers.
- Providing impartial, unbiased investigation services for discrimination complaints in the areas of employment, housing and public accommodation to any person who believes they have been discriminated against.
- Providing outreach activities by offering employment, housing and public accommodations seminars / workshops to keep the public informed about their civil rights.