Reserve a picnic shelter today to enjoy Tampa's great outdoors and Florida's wonderful weather.
Reservations are not needed but shelters have limited availability during peak season times. Picnic shelters are on a first come, first serve basis, unless reserved. Reserve a shelter at least 3 business days in advance and up to 365 days in advance.
Picnic shelters are available throughout the city. Call 813-274-8184 or visit our Shelter Reservation Office to reserve a shelter. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Be sure the shelter meets your needs before making a reservation. Take a look at the park, find a shelter that will fit your group size, and submit a request to check availability.
Below are maps of our most popular locations.
Rules & Regulations
Before renting a shelter or gazebo, please be aware that there are rules and regulations you must adhere to and therefore we recommend you spend a few minutes reviewing these.
You must pay in full at the time of the original rental request. Bring a valid photo ID for all transactions. Pay for your permit with cash, check, money order or credit card. Checks and money orders are payable to the City of Tampa.
Changing or Rescheduling
If you need to modify an existing reservation including changing the shelter, location, time, or date, it must be done at least five (5) business days prior to the scheduled reservation date. All modifications are subject to availability.
- Any date and/or location changes must be made in person and you must bring in your receipt to the Shelter Reservation Office.
- You may decide to reschedule your event due to rain or bad weather. All rescheduled events are subject to availability.
- There is a $15 processing fee for any event that is rescheduled more than once, regardless of the reason for reschedule.
If bad weather prevents the use of the shelter, you may reschedule your event or request a refund with proper notification.
To request a refund due to a rain-out, call (813) 274-8184. Notify the Shelter Reservation Office on the first business day after your scheduled event date.
- If you paid by credit card, the monies will be credited back on the same card.
- If paid by cash, check, or money order, you will receive a refund check in the mail. Issuance of refund checks takes approximately 4-6 weeks.
- Refunds are given only to the person/organization whose name appears on the check or credit card. If paid by cash or money order, the person who is the primary guardian of the household will receive refund.
- A $15 processing fee will be charged for all refunds/cancellations even for rain-outs. The only exception to waiving the processing fee is if the City or Department have an unexpected closure of the park to maintain the safety of our patrons.
- Once a shelter has been occupied, regardless of the length of time, there are no refunds due to rain or bad weather.
Additional Helpful Tips
Regardless of what type of event you plan on having here are some helpful tips to make your event a success:
- Illegal substances, alcoholic beverages, and glass containers are prohibited.
- Nothing, including decorations, may be affixed to the shelter or tables.
- Vehicles may not drive on the turf/grass or in unauthorized areas.
- Fires are allowed in grills only.
- Petting zoos, amusement rides, water games/slide, horseshoes and paintball games are not allowed.
- Bounce houses are allowed. The bounce house company must provide a current certificate of insurance. Certificate must name the City as additionally insured. No more than one bounce house per shelter rental. Size may not exceed the following dimensions: 20' length, 20' width, 17' height. A $26.88 greenspace fee will be charged Note: the greenspace fee is non-refundable and must be paid ahead of time.
- Dogs must be on leashes at all times, except in designated dog parks. Pet owners are responsible for picking up after their pets.
- Groups of 301 or more anticipated attendees are considered a special event. Such event must submit a Special Event Application.