To start water, wastewater (sewer), and solid waste (trash) services to your home or business for locations where an existing water meter already exists:
- Apply online utilizing the Customer Service Message Center.
- You can also contact the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811. Please allow up to 5 business days for your request to be processed.
To establish water service for a property that you are developing or redeveloping:
- You will need to apply for a new water service connection.
- To learn more about this application process, please review the information on our Establish Water Service web page.
- For additional guidance, please reach out to the Water Commitment team via email or by calling (813) 274-7405.
How can I find out who is my service provider for water, wastewater and solid waste services?
The Tampa Water Department and the Tampa Wastewater Department provide drinking water and wastewater collection services to customers located in the City of Tampa as well as parts of unincorporated Hillsborough County.
The Tampa Solid Waste Department offers trash, recycling, and yard waste pick up services only to customers that are located within the City of Tampa.
- Use the My Tampa Services app to identify the utility service provider for your property site address. To use this application:
- Click on the magnifying glass in the upper right hand corner and enter your property address.
- The service providers for this location will appear in the bottom half of the application. For Tampa Solid Waste services, this application will also indicate the pick up dates for trash, recycling, yard waste, and SWEEP pickups.
If we are not your service provider, you will need to contact the appropriate utility to set up your services. Here are some quick links for your reference:
Still have questions?
You can call the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811, Monday through Friday, 8am to 5pm for additional assistance.