The City of Tampa wants to make sure you're in the know when you're on the go!
Sign Up Now Online. Receive vital updates when a hurricane is threatening our city or about crime trends in your neighborhood. When you subscribe for emergency notifications, you'll also have the option of receiving informational alerts.
- Mandatory Evacuations
- Gas Leak
- Hostage Situation
- Critical Threat
- Hurricane Re-Entry Orders
- Boil Water Orders
- Emerging Crime Patterns in Your Neighborhood
- Street Closures for Planned Events
- Solid Waste Service Day Changes
If you don't live in the city limits you can register:
- Your child's school
- A workplace
- or any location inside the City of Tampa's limits.
These time-critical notifications will be sent directly to your home phone, cell phone or email address.** You will only receive alerts that affect the address you register.
How to Sign Up (video)
To change your subscription preferences, login to your Alert Tampa account and select the “Edit” link next to “My Alert Subscriptions”.
To delete your account entirely, login to your Alert Tampa account, select the “Delete My Account” button at the bottom of the “My Profile” section, and follow the prompts.
Send an email to [email protected] with the following information from the actual email account associated with your Alert Tampa account:
- First name
- Last name
- Phone number you used to receive notifications (if applicable)
- Reason you would like to delete your account (moving, notifications no longer applicable, too many notifications, etc). We are consistently looking to improve our services and your feedback will assist us.
For more information on how to prepare for a natural disaster or learn about available emergency resources visit the City of Tampa's Office of Emergency Management. To learn how you can help fight crime in your neighborhood, visit the Tampa Police Department Neighborhood Watch page.
*Please note that phone carrier charges may apply for all alert messages and data.
**The format in which alerts are sent will be determined at the City of Tampa's discretion.