In November 2003, the Mayor's Youth Corps was announced by former Mayor Pam Iorio, former Hillsborough County Superintendent Dr. Earl Lennard, and J.P. Morgan Senior Vice President Gene Marshall during a news conference on the banks of the Hillsborough River. The goal in structuring the Mayor's Youth Corps was to meet then Mayor Pam Iorio's vision of an organization that provided opportunities for community service and a voice to the Mayor while developing leadership skills.
Sponsorship of the Mayor's Youth Corps comes from the City of Tampa and our presenting sponsor:
Empowered, caring youth dedicated to making community service a life-long commitment.
It is the mission of the Mayor's Youth Corps to:
- provide a direct communication link between the Mayor and the youth of the City of Tampa.
- provide the experience of working with city government and instill a sense of civic responsibility.
- provide leadership opportunities.
- provide opportunities for hands-on, effective service to the citizens and the city.
- promote and recognize the accomplishments and contributions of youth to the City of Tampa.
Selection Criteria & Process
Think you have what it takes to be part of the Mayor's Youth Corps and can dedicate yourself to one year in the program? Check out our selection criteria and process to see if you qualify.
Contact the Mayor's Youth Corps
Email Molly Biebel, Youth Development Coordinator
3402 W Columbus Dr.
Tampa, FL 33607
(813) 274-5749 FAX