City Project No: 1001932; FPN: 446877-1
This project provides for safety, multimodal, and operational improvements.
This project provides for 2.93 miles of roadway improvements that will reduce vehicle speeds, improve operations, enhance access, and improve safety for pedestrians & cyclists as well as motorists. Conversion of Interbay Blvd from an existing 2-lane undivided road to a proposed 3-lane divided road, west of Dale Mabry Hwy, pavement to be resurfaced and restriped. Intermittent widening of the roadway to accommodate a center two-way left-turn lane (or intermittent left-turn pockets) along the corridor from West Shore Blvd to Dale Mabry Blvd.
This roadway is partially functionally classified as a Collector Road and partially a Neighborhood Collector, east of Dale Mabry Hwy.
Proposed improvements include:
- The addition of a ~10ft wide trail on one side of the corridor
- Constructing new sidewalk segments where gaps occur on the roadway side opposite of the trail (50% of total length)
- Approximately 8 new Rapid Rectangular Flashing Beacon (RRFB) mid-block crosswalk locations
- Addition of a center turn lane within the corridor
- Milling and Resurfacing
- Reductions of open ditch drainage system
- Proposed Landscaping & irrigation
Proposed Intersection Improvements consist of:
- Interbay and West Shore Blvd, Lois Ave, and MacDill Ave: roundabouts and turn lane widening/signal modifications
- Operational Improvements at the Dale Mabry Hwy intersection
- Possible new signalized intersection at Himes Ave