The City of Tampa Neighborhoods & Community Affairs Event Calendar is open to the general Tampa public as a common place to post events. Submission of events by members of the public constitutes participation in a limited public forum.
All events submitted to the Neighborhoods & Community Affairs Event Calendar are subject to public disclosure, under applicable local, state, and/or Federal law.
The City reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this event calendar policy or any applicable law.
All special events, such as festivals, runs / walks, parades, block parties, and citywide holiday celebrations that take place on public property require coordination through the City of Tampa Office of Special Events.
Events submitted to the City of Tampa Neighborhoods & Community Affairs Event Calendar containing any of the following forms of content will not be approved for posting:
- Profane language or content;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, or sexual orientation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Solicitations of commerce;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems; or
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party
- The City of Tampa Neighborhoods & Community Affairs Event Calendar Moderator will allow the posting of all events which are within the purpose of the limited public forum, with the exception of the prohibited content listed above.
Events posted on the Neighborhood & Community Affairs Event Calendar should be located within the city of Tampa limits. Exceptions to this policy will be allowed at the discretion of the Event Calendar Moderator.
All City of Tampa public event submitters shall be clearly identified by their event submissions. Anonymous posting of events shall not be allowed.
All event postings shall be accompanied by valid event submitter contact information including a name, email address, and phone number.
All event postings shall be moderated by a City-authorized calendar moderator, who shall review and approve all event submissions for conformance to Acceptable Event standards.
Items submitted for consideration for the City calendar will be reviewed during business hours (8 am - 5 pm) on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. Items submitted after business hours on Fridays and over the weekends will not be reviewed for posting until the following business week.
The Neighborhoods & Community Affairs Event Calendar is provided as a community service to Tampa residents and community organizations. Though the calendar is moderated for posting acceptable events, the City of Tampa does not endorse nor verify the information included. If an entry includes a link to a website that does not end in Tampa.gov, the City does not control nor review the content or operation of that website. The City of Tampa guarantees neither the authenticity, accuracy, appropriateness nor security of the link, website or content linked thereto. The City of Tampa urges users to exercise caution when accessing any unfamiliar website.