Drew Park

Drew Park was originally Drew Field, named for cattleman and land developer John H. Drew. It was Tampa's first municipal airport, a 130-acre grass airfield that opened in 1928. At the onset of World War II, the federal government took over the field and developed a military base containing airstrips, barracks, field hospitals, and a German and Italian POW camp. Dale Mabry Highway was built in 1943 to link Drew Field with MacDill Air Force Base to the south.

Drew Park encompasses the main campus of Hillsborough Community College and Legends Field -- home of the Tampa Yankees baseball team. Auto dealerships populate much of the eastern Dale Mabry Highway boundary and shopping and restaurants make up the northern Hillsborough Avenue boundary. Due to its mixed-use zoning, the core of Drew Park is occupied by light industry along with housing.

Capital Projects


The force main replacement project will replace aging, deteriorated pipelines that…

Council: 6Est. Cost: $640,000Fund Source: PIPES