Residential New Construction - Application

Residential New Construction / Move House / State Sealed Modular Home ApplicationThe following establishes procedures for in take of required documentation when requesting a permit for the construction of a new house (single family detached & semi-detached) or two unit family structures (duplex).

The Client Facilitator will:

  1. Review the application  for completeness; along with two sets of signed and sealed building plans, energy calculation, three site plans, one sealed topographical survey (if applicable) and Owner Permit Affidavit (if applicable). Establishing Water Service (if homeowner acting as general contractor).
  2. If a department (Neighborhood Improvement, ARC, Barrio Latino, etc.) has active comments on project, the Client Facilitator will refer customer to affected departments for approval. Applicant must have this information before submitting plans for review.
  3. Plan examination fees are calculated and due at the time of submittal.
  4. Customer will be informed of all permit holds and Notice of Commencement requirements.
  5. Customer will also be informed of Site Preparation Requirements.

Who can obtain permit:

  1. Licensed General, Building, Residential Contractors, or authorized agents can submit and obtain this type of permit.
  2. A qualifying owner of a one or two family detached residential dwelling intended for own occupancy, must present photo identification and proof of ownership (recorded deed or tax receipt) at time of submittal.

Construction Services Division Logo