City Project No.: 1001220
This project provides for complete street roadway improvements to enhance safety and multimodal connectivity, including roundabouts, sidewalks, bicycle facilities, enhanced crosswalks, and other safety measures.
The 1.5-mile segment of 46th St from Busch Blvd to Fowler Ave is a 2‐lane (one travel lane in each direction) collector roadway with a posted speed of 35 mph and has an average daily traffic volume of 3,880 vehicles per day. The proposed improvements are summarized as follows:
- Install shared lane markings from Busch Blvd to Bougainvillea Ave;
- Widen the sidewalk to construct a shared-use path from Bougainvillea Ave to Fowler Ave;
- Roundabout at Linebaugh Ave;
- Signalization improvements at Bougainvillea Ave;
- An enhanced pedestrian crosswalk with Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) at Whiteway Dr;
- A mid-block pedestrian crosswalk with RRFB 1,000 ft south of Fowler Ave;
- Reducing posted speed limit from 35-mph to 30-mph.
This project was also prioritized in the Hillsborough MPO/City of Tampa Walk‐Bike Plan Phase I – Final Report.
Contact Information ¶
Project Manager: Nina Mallibeau, E. I.
If you have questions about this meeting or project, please use the email link below:
Costs and Schedule ¶
|Phase||Firm||Cost||Funding Source||Schedule Start||Schedule Finish|
|Design||Ayers Associates||$501,278||North-Central Multi-Modal Fees & FDOT TA Funds||Jan-19||May-20|
|Construction 19-C-46||Gosalia Concrete Construction||$3,062,446||North-Central Multi-Modal Fees & FDOT TA Funds||Feb-21||Apr-22|
|Construction Engineering Inspection||City||$21,102||FDOT TA Funds||Feb-21||Apr-22|
Additional Information ¶
- Project Fact Sheet (Printable)
- Project Notice
- Public Meeting Materials