Welcome to the Tampa Police Department online incident reporting system. This system allows victims of certain non-emergency crimes to file a police report without waiting for a police officer.
Before you file your report online, please make sure that:
- This is not an Emergency.
- You are the victim of the crime or an authorized representative of a business reporting a crime.
- The incident occurred within the boundaries of the City of Tampa. If you need to confirm, please go to our City of Tampa Map to view the City of Tampa's jurisdiction map.
- There are no known suspects or evidence left at the scene.
- The property stolen or lost does not include a firearm of any type.
- The stolen property does not include a motor vehicle, a stolen license plate (tag), or a license plate decal.
If you answered no to any of these questions, please call our non-emergency line at 813-231-6130 or 9-1-1 if you have an emergency.
TYPES OF CRIMES THAT CAN BE REPORTED
- Criminal Mischief-Graffiti
- Criminal Mischief/Vandalism
- Fraudulent Admission Ticket
- Harassing/Threatening Phone Calls
- Illegal Dumping
- Package Thefts
- Retail Theft (shoplifting)
- Theft of Services, Supplemental Reports
TYPES OF CRIMES THAT CAN BE REPORTED BUT REQUIRE ADDITIONAL FORM
The following types of crimes can be filed online but require documents to be signed and ready to attach during filing. If you need the documents, please go to Mandatory Forms page prior to completing report.
- Check Forgery
- Credit/Debit Card Fraud
- Identity Theft
- Phone Scams
ADDITIONAL ITEMS YOU CAN FILE ONLINE FOR DOCUMENTATION PURPOSES
- Bicycle Registration
- Camera Registration
- Lost Property
- Traffic Crashes on Private Property
AFTER SUBMITTING THE REPORT
- Once the report has been submitted you will receive an on-screen prompt advising you that the report has been submitted along with a temporary case number. A representative of the Tampa Police Department will then review the case within 5 business days. Upon approval, you will be notified by email that the case has been approved and be given the permanent case number.
- If the case is rejected by a Tampa Police Department representative, you will be notified by email of the reason for the rejection and what further action is needed on your part.
- REMINDER: Under Florida State Statute 817.49, filing a False Police Report is a First Degree Misdemeanor punishable by a fine up to $1,000 and/or imprisonment not to exceed one (1) year.
Please be sure to review the entire list with definitions and examples on the following page. Please click on "Start a Police Report" to begin.
Make a Report
If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, please call the Tampa Police Department (emergency 9-1-1; non-emergency 813-231-6130) to file your report.