- Greet all customers who enter the store
- Properly train all store employees to be vigilant and report any suspicious activity
- Provide all employees with training on theft-prevention, both shoplifting and employee theft. Discuss the ways the company is prepared to detect either
- Be familiar where retail thefts are most likely to occur inside the location
- Secure all expensive items with electronic deterrent devices
- Use small cable locks to secure large items such as coats, jackets, shoes, etc…
- High- value items should be placed closer to the interior of the store
- Display signs that “Shoplifters will be prosecuted” at all entry and exit points
- Small expensive items should be secured in locked see through cases
- Closed circuit television should be properly placed throughout the store
Retail Theft Prevention Strategies
Was this page helpful? or
Thanks for letting us know!
Help us improve by leaving a quick comment
- Tell us what was confusing, missing or inaccurate about this page.
- We will not reply to comments, use the Page Enhancement Request below if you want a formal reply.
- Do not submit any personal or sensitive information such as account numbers or names.
- OR-For a formal response complete the Page Enhancement Request form.