Emergency Contact Information
Electric Power Outage or Safety Concern (TECO 24 hrs):
- Toll-free 1-877-588-1010 or view the TECO Outage Map
- Emergency Street Flooding/Repairs: 813-274-FAST
- Illegal Tree Removal (24 hours): 813-258-8733
- Fallen Tree on city streets/sidewalks (business hours 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM): 813-274-5744
- Fallen Tree on city streets/sidewalks (after hours 5:00 PM to Midnight): 813-931-2168
- Fallen Tree on city streets/sidewalks (after hours Midnight to 8:000 AM): 813-274-3101
State of Florida Price Gouging: 866-966-7226
What Are The Hurricane Hazards?
STORM SURGE - A hurricane can produce destructive storm surge, which is water that is pushed toward the shore by the force of the winds. This advancing surge combines with the normal tides to inundate normally dry land in feet of water. The stronger the storm, the higher the storm surge.
INLAND FLOODING - In the last 30 years, inland flooding has been responsible for more than half the deaths associated with tropical cyclones in the United States.
HIGH WINDS - Hurricane-force winds can destroy poorly constructed buildings and mobile homes. Debris such as signs, roofing material, and small items left outside become flying missiles in hurricanes.
TORNADOES - Hurricanes can produce tornadoes that add to the storm's destructive power. Tornadoes are most likely to occur in the right-front quadrant of the hurricane.