Tampa is the home of numerous unique cultural, educational, and other entertaining annual events.
- Gasparilla Parades - Every year, plunderers take over the city in honor of the mythical legendary pirate Jose Gaspar. The Gasparilla Pirate Fest is one of the country's largest and most unique outdoor celebrations.
- Outback Bowl - The Outback Bowl is a New Year's Day college football game matching teams from the SEC and Big Ten Conference.
- Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival - The Tampa Bay Black Heritage Festival is an 8-day cultural fest in which speakers, musicians, artists, poets, and craftspeople welcome many visitors each year.
- Martin Luther King Parade - A fun, exciting and family friendly event occurring annually on the national holiday commemorating the birth of one of our greatest American heroes, Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- Fiesta Day (Ybor City) - Fiesta Day honors the Cuban, German, Italian, African-Cuban, Jewish and Spanish immigrants who first settled in Ybor in 1886.
- Florida State Fair - The annual Florida State Fair is a showcase for Florida's agricultural industry. The fair is educational, exciting and fun.
- Gasparilla Distance Classic - The Gasparilla Distance Classic attracts world-class runners who compete on foot in 5K and 15K events.
- Sant' Yago Knight Parade - The streets of Ybor City come ablaze when floats with lights, bands and pirates fill the streets for the Sant' Yago Knight Parade.
- Gasparilla Festival of the Arts - Painters, artisans, photographers, sculptors, jewelers and artists from around the world display their work at the Gasparilla Festival of the Arts. It is one of the largest art shows in the Southeast.
- Mayor's River O'Green Fest - The Mayor's River O'Green Fest is the City of Tampa's official annual Saint Patrick's Day event that takes place in beautiful Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park. The party is centered around the Hillsborough River, which will be transformed into a bright shade of green for the occasion.
- Tampa Pride - Festival and Diversity Parade
- "Boom by the Bay" Independence Day - Celebrations of United States Independence Day are found all around the Tampa Bay area. An annual fireworks display is normally viewable all along Bayshore Blvd.
- Conga Caliente - People from all over the United States and Florida join Tampa Bay residents to celebrate Hispanic arts and culture at Conga Caliente, a free, quality festival that has become Tampa Bay's premiere Hispanic event.
- Santa Fest - Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is transformed into a winter wonderland. There is a parade and many activities.
- Winter Village - Celebrate the holiday season in Downtown Tampa at the Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park! Located along the Tampa Riverwalk, Curtis Hixon Waterfront Park is transformed with the sights, sounds and activities of the holidays for children and adults of all ages.