The City of Tampa Department of Solid Waste will resume collection services following Hurricane Idalia. The revised schedule is as follows:
- Garbage collection will resume on Thursday, August 31, 2023.
- All garbage must be securely bagged and inside of the cart for collection.
- Yard Waste and Storm-related vegetative debris collection will begin on Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
- Storm-related vegetative debris and yard waste will be collected per the hurricane response zone.
- Please make sure to place all storm-related vegetative debris curbside in preparation for collection, either in bundles, piles, or in a container. NO plastic bags.
- Alley of yard waste and storm-related vegetative debris is suspended until further notice.
- SWEEP collection is delayed until further notice. A make-up date for residents in the affected SWEEP zones will be announced through Tampa.gov/solidwaste website and the Tampa Trash and Recycling App.
- Commercial collection will resume on Thursday, August 31, 2023.
- Service will run one day delayed through Saturday, September 2, 2023.
- Regularly scheduled garbage and recycling collection will resume on Tuesday, September 5, 2023.
- Downtown Tampa commercial (C2S) collection will resume on Thursday, August 31, 2023.
McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House:
- McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House located at 114 S. 34th Street will resume normal hours of operation on Thursday, August 31, 2023.
Customers are encouraged to download the Tampa Trash and Recycling app on the Apple and Google Play Stores to receive real-time updates on service schedules. Customers may contact the City of Tampa Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811 or visit the website at www.tampa.gov/solidwaste for any questions or concerns.
NOTE: New Tampa residents are encouraged to contact Hillsborough County Solid Waste Management at (813) 272-5680 for their storm collection schedule