In observance of New Year’s Day, City of Tampa offices will be closed Monday, January 2, 2023.
Residential Customers will be affected as follows:
- Monday, January 2, 2023: No collection will take place.
- Tuesday, January 3, 2023: Normal collection schedules will resume.
Commercial Customers service will be affected as follows:
- New Year's Holiday Collection Service:
- Customers who receive service on Monday, January 2, 2023, will receive service on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
- Services will run one day late through Saturday, January 7, 2023.
McKay Bay Transfer Station and Scale House located at 114 S. 34th St., will be closed Monday, December 26, 2022.
- In observance of New Year's Day, the facilities will be closed on January 2, 2023.
- Normal operating hours will resume on Tuesday, January 3, 2023.
Happy New Year to our valued City residents. The Department will begin offering curbside Christmas Tree Collection Service, at no additional charge, on Tuesday, January 3, 2023. To take advantage of this service, residents must remove all decorations and lights, cut tree limbs to four (4) feet lengths, bundle, and place curbside on their regularly scheduled yard waste collection day prior to January 13, 2023. All discarded lights and/or decorations are not recyclable and must be placed in the garbage cart.
To receive personalized schedules download the Tampa Trash and Recycling app from Apple and Google Play Stores. Customers with any questions or concerns please contact the City of Tampa Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811 or visit the website at www.tampa.gov/solidwaste.