Tampa General Hospital Partners with City of Tampa to Launch Landmark Wellness Initiative
WHAT: Introduction of TampaWell Activated by Tampa General Hospital – a multi-year, health-forward initiative that aims to make Tampa the premier wellness destination in the United States.
Initially, the program will focus on three key areas:
- Routine prescriptions of exercise and healthy food as medicine
- Enhancing fitness trails downtown and adjacent areas
- Development of a Community Garden in the Healthpark area of East Tampa
WHEN: Tuesday, May 10, 10:30 a.m.
LOCATION: TGH Family Care Center Healthpark (5802 N. 30th Street Tampa, FL 33610)
- John Couris, president and CEO, Tampa General Hospital
- Mayor Jane Castor, City of Tampa
- Kevin Carr, president, River Grove Neighborhood Association
- Adam Smith, executive vice president and chief ambulatory officer, Tampa General Hospital
- Kim Christine, administrator of community health and wellness, Tampa General Hospital
RSVP: This event is outside, and masks are optional. Please let us know if you’re attending by emailing TGHNews@tgh.org.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
BETH HARDY, APR
Senior Communications Specialist
Tampa General Hospital
813.844.7322 – Office
727.510.6363 – Cell