The City of Tampa now has a blueprint to develop a first-class transportation system, and it includes making Tampa’s streets even safer.
Through the Tampa MOVES plan, both near and long-term transportation priorities and projects were identified through an equitable, data-driven process.
Tampa MOVES priorities include:
- Investing in existing transportation assets
- Completing the multimodal network by filling sidewalk gaps, connecting the bike network and increasing safe crossings
- Supporting effective transit
- Making streets safer for everyone
- Repurposing streets for people
- Managing congestion
The Tampa MOVES plan can be viewed online by clicking here.
The City of Tampa will announce an initial list of projects and showcase recent safety improvements as part of the Main Street Quick Build Project, including new speed cushions and shared street markings, at a press conference planned for 10:30 am Tuesday, July 18, at the Barksdale Community Center, 1801 N Lincoln Ave.
Media outlets planning to attend are asked to RSVP by emailing email@example.com