- Tampa residents and customers will receive improved access to government services, ample parking, nearby public transportation, and added greenspace.
- A vacant warehouse, an eyesore within the community, will be replaced with a state-of-the-art facility.
- The project has propelled a transportation study to assess volume on local roadways. All collected data will be reviewed for inclusions and improvements as part of the Citywide Mobility Plan.
- Pedestrians and bicyclists within adjacent neighborhoods may benefit from improvements to roadways and sidewalks.
- Homeowners within adjacent neighborhoods may see an increase in their property values once the City Center is complete.
- The City Center may help current businesses grow and accelerate the development of new businesses in the surrounding area.
Sustainability, Innovation, and Social Equity
- The center will be environmentally friendly and aligns with the City's desire to make Tampa a more sustainable place for generations to come.
- The City plans to establish Culinary Arts and Workforce Development Programs at the center.
- Organizations and programs within the City Center may bring down barriers to employment opportunities and connect Tampa’s youth to meaningful career pathways.
- DPR Construction, the prime contractor, seeks to partner with minority-owned/women-owned construction companies for subcontracting opportunities.
Government Services Within The City Center
The Development & Growth Management Department is comprised of the following:
- Architectural Review & Historic Preservation
- Construction Services
- Development Coordination
- Housing & Community Development
Logistics and Asset Management is comprised of the following:
- Facilities Management
- Fleet Maintenance
Many services under the banner of Neighborhood and Community Affairs will be housed at the City Center including:
- Arts & Cultural Affairs
- Business Tax
- Community Engagement and Partnerships
- Equal Business Opportunity
- Neighborhood Enhancement (Code Enforcement)
- Workforce Development