State Housing Initiatives Partnership (SHIP) Per F.S 420.907-420.9079 and Rule 67-37 of the Florida Administrative Code, SHIP funding may be used for single family and multi-family acquisition, rehabilitation, new construction, Down Payment/Mortgage assistance programs, Homeless Prevention Security and Utility Deposits, and Foreclosure Prevention Counseling. SHIP funding has various income and set aside requirements as outlined in the Local Housing Assistance Plan (LHAP). Program Administration is capped at 10% per year.
- City of Tampa SHIP Annual Reports
- City of Tampa LHAP 2019-2022 - Draft
- City of Tampa LHAP 2019-2022
- City of Tampa LHAP 2019-2022 Amendment 9
- City of Tampa LHAP 2019-2022 Technical Revision
- Past City of Tampa LHAPs
For more information about the State Housing Initiative Partnership, please visit https://www.floridahousing.org/programs/special-programs/ship---state-housing-initiatives-partnership-program.
Agencies currently funded by the City of Tampa SHIP funds:
- Solita’s House provides rental security and utility deposits and arrears on behalf of eligible households within the City. Eligible utility deposits include only provider-mandated deposits for water, sewer, electricity, and gas. Assistance is provided to very-low and low income, must be homeless, or at risk of homelessness because of the inability to pay the security and/or utility deposit. Assistance is limited to a one-time award.
SHIP Funding: $600,000