Need help paying your bill?
We are committed to helping our customers get back on track.
- Need more time to get current? We can set up flexible payment arrangements. Submit a request for a payment extension or monthly payment plan by:
- Contacting the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811.
- Logging into your account at the Customer Service Portal at https://utilities.tampa.gov.
- Received a final notice? To avoid service interruption, contact the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811 to confirm that we have the correct billing information for your account or to make payment arrangements.
- Looking for information about the Customer Assistance Program (CAP) Program? The City of Tampa offers a Customer Assistance Program that waives the monthly water and wastewater base charges for qualifying account holders.
This program was created as part of PIPES (Progressive Infrastructure Planning to Ensure Sustainability), a $2.9 billion investment to improve the City of Tampa’s water and wastewater systems. CAP will waive all base charges for eligible account holders. In addition, participants will receive a free water conservation audit and complimentary water conserving devices.
As a provider of critical essential services, City of Tampa Utilities has been proactively working with all our customers who have been directly affected by COVID-19 by setting up flexible repayment programs.
NEW! Eligible households are now able to apply for help to pay for past-due and current City of Tampa utility bills via the Emergency Utilities Assistance Program.
Emergency Utilities Assistance Program (EUAP)
What is EUAP?
The City of Tampa received federal funding under the Emergency Rental Assistance Program to assist renters who are unable to pay rent and utilities due to the impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
How does it work?
The City of Tampa will pay for past due utilities for households that receive water, wastewater and solid waste (trash) services from City of Tampa Utilities. EUAP will pay for past-due and current utility bills for households that are still being impacted by COVID-19.
Who is eligible?
EUAP is open to eligible renters who are either:
- at or below 80% of the Area Median Income (AMI). (See the income limits on the flyer)
- or have zero income at the time of application date.
Please review eligibility criteria and requirements before applying. Financial assistance is awarded on a first-come basis and while funding remains available.
How can you apply?
- Applications will be accepted ONLINE ONLY.
- In-person assistance will be available at Ragan Park (1200 E Lake Ave, Tampa) and Barksdale Senior Center (1801 N Lincoln Ave, Tampa). View a calendar of upcoming dates and times at each location.
- If you have any questions, please contact Housing & Community Development at (813) 274-7954.