We offer several ways to pay your utility bill
Our Customer Service Portal makes it easy to view your bills, make a one-time payment, or setup automatic monthly payments via AutoPay. You can pay online using your credit or debit card. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted with no convenience fee.
You can also sign up to receive e-mail notifications when your new bill is due.
Create your online account:
Visit the Online Access Registration page of the Customer Service Center and enter your 7-digit account number, account name, and billing zip code.
- Under "Account Name", enter the name of your account exactly as it appears on your bill:
- For residential accounts: enter last name then first name (Jones, Mary NOT Mary Jones).
- For commercial accounts: enter the name of your business.
- Click the "Continue" button.
- Create and confirm your unique password using the format displayed on the page.
- Enter and confirm your email address.
- Click the “Complete Registration” button to finish.
Make automatic electronic bill payments through your bank. Payments can be automatically deducted from either your checking or savings account.
Please note: The City of Tampa Utilities Department does not charge for this service; however, your bank may charge a fee. Please check with your bank for details.
How to enroll in AutoPay
Select one of the following options:
- Enroll online through the Customer Service Portal. After logging in to your account, select the "Payment" tab to get started.
- Print and mail a completed Automatic Electronic Utility Bill Payment application to City of Tampa Utilities, 3402 West Columbus Drive, Tampa, FL 33607.
- Contact the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your request to be processed.
What to expect after enrolling in AutoPay
- New Message on Your Monthly Bill: Once you sign up and the service is active, your monthly utility bill will include the following message: "DO NOT PAY -- AUTO BANK PAYMENT SCHEDULED ON OR AFTER XX/XX/XX."
- Automatic Payments Go Into Effect: Payments will be made automatically by electronic bank transfer on the due date shown on your bill. Your monthly bank statement will show the amount charged and the date of the transaction.
- What Happens If Your Account Has Insufficient Funds: If there is not enough money in your account on the payment date, your bank will return the automatic payment in the same way that a check will bounce when there are insufficient funds. This may result in additional fees being charged by both your bank and by the City of Tampa.
Use the pre-addressed envelope included with your bill. Make checks or money orders payable to "City of Tampa Utilities" and remember to include your 7-digit utility account number and service address. Mail should be addressed to City of Tampa Utilities, 3402 West Columbus Drive, Tampa, FL 33607.
Call the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811 to pay by credit or debit card using our 24-hour phone system. Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover are accepted with no convenience fee.
- When prompted to make a payment, press “1.”
- When prompted, enter your 7-digit account number followed by the # key.
- Press “1” to provide your payment information.
Pay in person at one of the businesses listed below:
- Amscot, all locations: This venue accepts cash-only payments. Additional fees may apply.
- Westshore Pharmacy, 3206 S. Westshore Boulevard: Only use this venue to pay bills that are current.
Not sure when your payment is due?
Payments are due by the “PAY NEW CHARGES BY” date indicated on the upper right-hand corner of your utility bill. To avoid late notices and/or late fees, please make sure that your payment option allows for receipt and posting by the due date.