Payments made after 7pm will post the next business day.
How to pay your utility bill
For your convenience, we offer several ways to pay your utility bill.
Option 1: Pay Online
Our Customer Service Portal makes it easy to view your bills, make a one-time payment, or setup automatic monthly payments via AutoPay. You can pay online using your credit or debit card. MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover are accepted with no convenience fee.
You can also sign up to receive email notifications when your new bill is due.
Create your online account:
- Visit the Customer Service Portal.
- Click the “Click Here” link at the bottom of the page. This will open up the Online Access Registration page.
- Enter your seven-digit account number.
- Under Account Name, enter the name of your account exactly as it appears on your bill:
- For residential accounts: enter last name then first name (Jones, Mary NOT Mary Jones)
- For commercial accounts: enter the name of your business.
- Enter the billing ZIP code for your account mailing address.
- Click on Continue.
- Create and confirm your unique password, using the format displayed on the page.
- Enter and confirm your email address.
- Click the “Complete Registration” button to finish.
Option 2: Set Up AutoPay
Make automatic electronic bill payments through your bank. Payments can be automatically deducted from either your checking or savings account. Please note: The City of Tampa Utilities Department does not charge for this service; however, your bank may charge a fee. Please check with your bank for details.
How to enroll in AutoPay
Select one of the following options:
- Enroll online using our Customer Service Portal. Select the "Payment" tab to get started.
- Or download and print an application. Mail your application to City of Tampa Utilities, P.O. Box 30191, Tampa, FL 33630-3191.
- Or contact the Call Center at (813) 274-8811.
What to expect after enrolling in AutoPay
- New Message on Your Monthly Bill: Once you sign up and the service is active, your monthly utility bill will include the following message: "DO NOT PAY -- AUTO BANK PAYMENT SCHEDULED ON OR AFTER XX/XX/XX." This can take up to 4-6 weeks.
- Automatic Payments Go Into Effect: Payments will be made automatically by electronic bank transfer on the due date shown on your bill. Your monthly bank statement will show the amount charged and the date of the transaction.
- What Happens If Your Account Has Insufficient Funds: If there is not enough money in your account on the payment date, your bank will return the automatic payment in the same way that a check will bounce when there are insufficient funds. This may result in additional fees being charged by both your bank and by the City of Tampa.
Have questions about AutoPay?
If you have questions about your bill or the automatic bill pay service, please call our Utility Services Call Center at (813) 274-8811 for assistance.
Option 3: By Mail
Use the pre-addressed envelope included with your bill. Make checks payable to "City of Tampa Utilities" and mail to P.O. Box 30191, Tampa, FL 33630-3191. Remember to include your seven-digit utility account number and service address on all checks and money orders.
Option 4: By Phone
Call (813) 274-8811 to pay by credit or debit card using our 24-hour phone system. MasterCard, Visa, American Express and Discover accepted with no convenience fee.
- When prompted, press “1.”
- When prompted, enter your utility account number followed by the # key. Your utility account number contains 7 digits.
- Press “1” to provide your payment information.
Option 5: In Person
Pay in person at one of the businesses listed below:
- Amscot, all locations: This venue accepts cash only payments. Additional fees may apply.
- Westshore Pharmacy, 3206 S. Westshore Boulevard: Only use to pay bills that are current.
Not sure when your payment is due?
Payments are due by the “Pay New Charges By” date indicated on your utility bill. To avoid late notices and/or late fees, please make sure that your payment method allows for receipt and posting by the due date.
Need help paying your bill?
We are committed to helping our customers get back on track.
- Need more time to get current? We can set up flexible payment arrangements tailored to meet your individual circumstances. Submit a request for a payment extension or monthly payment plan by:
- Contacting the Utilities Call Center at (813) 274-8811.
- Logging into your account at the Customer Service Portal at https://utilities.tampa.gov.
- Received a final notice? To avoid service interruption, contact the Credit and Collections Section at (813) 274-8811 to confirm that we have the correct billing information for your account or to make payment arrangements.
- Looking for information about the Customer Assistance Program (CAP) Program? Eligible low-income customers may qualify for a waiver of water and wastewater base charges.
Need to make a payment for water service on a portable hydrant meter?
Pay online using the Customer Service Portal.