City of Tampa Housing & Community Development is now
accepting applications for the Owner Occupied-Rehab (OOR) Program.
The City’s Owner Occupied Rehab Program is designed to help maintain decent, safe and affordable housing for Tampa’s low/moderate-income families. The program helps homeowners, who are financially unable to make the necessary repairs, bring their homes into compliance with the City’s Florida Building Code and Housing Quality Standards.
Essential repairs are defined as:
• Leaking or failed roof system
• Failing or lacking plumbing
• Electrical systems
• Failed structural systems such as floors and structural walls
• Lack of working heat/AC
• Exterior deterioration (walls, foundation, porches, siding, etc.)
• Window replacement
• Water heater
• Handicapped accessibility improvements (ramps, widening doorways, countertops,
bathroom modifications, etc.)
• Lead based paint remediation or other environmental issues
• Repayment loan/deferred loan/grant: Deferred loan secured by a recorded mortgage and promissory note
• Interest Rate: 0%
• Term: Varied (Based on the amount of assistance)
• Forgiveness: Forgiven at the end of the term for projects up to $50,000
• Repayment: Loans over $50,000 will make monthly payments of $50 per month toward the outstanding
balance above $50,000
CURRENT INCOME LIMITS USED IN DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY (80% AMI)
Applications are being accepted now until further notice. You can download the Owner Occupied Rehabilitation application; or, to request an application packet, please call Housing & Community Development at (813) 274-7954 or can be picked up Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM at 4900 W. Lemon Street, Tampa, FL 33609.