OWNER-OCCUPIED REHABILITATION (OOR) PROGRAM
The City’s Owner-Occupied Rehab (OOR) Program is designed to help maintain decent, safe and affordable housing for Tampa’s low/moderate-income families. The program helps homeowners, who are financially unable to bring their homes into compliance with the City’s Florida Building Code or make other needed repairs to their homes.
If your application has been received by the Housing & Community Development (HCD) office on or before June 20, 2022, your application will be reviewed for eligibility. If any information is missing or needs to be updated, HCD staff will contact you.
If you have any questions, please contact our office at (813) 274-7940.
Eligible repairs include:
- Leaking or failed roof system
- Failure of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Failed structural systems such as floors and structural walls
- Exterior deterioration (walls, foundation, porches, siding, etc.)
- Weatherization (windows, doors and insulation)
- Water heater replacement
- Accessibility improvements (ramps, widening doorways, countertops, bathroom modifications, etc.)
- Lead based paint remediation or other environmental issues
- Repayment loan/deferred loan/grant: Deferred loan secured by a recorded mortgage and promissory note
- Interest Rate: 0%
- Term: Varied (Based on the amount of assistance)
- Forgiveness: Forgiven at the end of the loan term
CURRENT INCOME LIMITS USED IN DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY (80% AMI)
Applications are being accepted now until further notice. You can download the Owner Occupied Rehabilitation application; or, to request an application packet, please call Housing & Community Development at (813) 274-7954 or can be picked up Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM at 4900 W. Lemon Street, Tampa, FL 33609.