The City of Tampa is seeking proposals for its Owner Occupied Rehab Program which is designed to help maintain decent, safe and affordable housing for Tampa’s low/moderate-income families. This RFP will award $1.3M in SHIP funds, $1M in CDBG funds, $1M in City of Tampa General Funds and potentially other funding sources as well, to qualified housing sponsor(s) to assist income qualified households in meeting their qualified home rehabilitation and modification needs in the City.
Proposal submissions must be through DemandStar, named “OWNER OCCUPIED REHABILITATION” linked here:
One must register with DemandStar to view the RFP in its entirety and apply, request to receive any updates, addendums etc. The RFP closed on 3/4/22.
City of Tampa Housing & Community Development is now
accepting applications for the Owner Occupied-Rehab (OOR) Program
The City’s Owner Occupied Rehab Program is designed to help maintain decent, safe and affordable housing for Tampa’s low/moderate-income families. The program helps homeowners, who are financially unable to make the necessary repairs, bring their homes into compliance with the City’s Florida Building Code and Housing Quality Standards.
Eligible repairs include:
- Leaking or failed roof system
- Failure of electrical, plumbing or HVAC systems
- Failed structural systems such as floors and structural walls
- Exterior deterioration (walls, foundation, porches, siding, etc.)
- Weatherization (windows, doors and insulation)
- Water heater replacement
- Accessibility improvements (ramps, widening doorways, countertops, bathroom modifications, etc.)
- Lead based paint remediation or other environmental issues
- Repayment loan/deferred loan/grant: Deferred loan secured by a recorded mortgage and promissory note
- Interest Rate: 0%
- Term: Varied (Based on the amount of assistance)
- Forgiveness: Forgiven at the end of the loan term
CURRENT INCOME LIMITS USED IN DETERMINING ELIGIBILITY (80% AMI)
Applications are being accepted now until further notice. You can download the Owner Occupied Rehabilitation application; or, to request an application packet, please call Housing & Community Development at (813) 274-7954 or can be picked up Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM at 4900 W. Lemon Street, Tampa, FL 33609.