This project will consist of signing and pavement marking enhancements to improve safety in the corridor for all modes of travel. The combined improvements will provide traffic calming allowing for the lowering of the speed limit within the corridor.
The proposed improvements are summarized as follows:
• Replacing faded striping between Rome Avenue and Platt Street, with new striping including black contrast in the skip lines and pavement message markings;
• Adding a 2-ft buffer to the existing bicycle lanes;
• Reduce width of travel lanes to 10 feet;
• Providing green pavement markings at the right-turn lane conflict point at De Soto Avenue;
• Installing Rectangular Rapid Flashing Beacon (RRFB) crosswalks at several crosswalk locations, including: (1) S. Dakota Ave., (2) S. Delaware Avenue, and (3) Midway between S. Brevard Avenue and W. Swann Avenue; and,
• Reducing the posted speed limit from 40 MPH to 35 MPH;
Note: Improvements to the southbound segment from Hawthorne Road to Howard Avenue will be completed under the separate Bayshore Boulevard Enhancements Phase III (CIP #1000577).