The Transportation Engineering Division manages a Capital Improvement Program (CIP) to create a safe, reliable, and efficient transportation system for all users.
Requests for information regarding our CIP can be submitted directly to our Transportation and Stormwater Services Call Center at (813) 274-3101. Requests can also be submitted online via the following link - Roadway Planning Projects.
Our Capital Improvement Program includes:
- Complete Streets projects to provide safe and convenient access for all users, especially pedestrians and cyclists.
- Roadway Safety Improvement projects to increase safety and operational issues of problem intersections.
- Intersection Improvement and Capacity projects to increase safety and operational issues of problem intersections and reduce congestion and traffic.
- Bridge and Seawall projects to maintain the City's bridges and seawall
- Capital Resurfacing projects to improve roadway and drainage conditions along the City's 2,451 paved lane miles of roadway. Outlook scheduling is conducted by the Transportation Engineering Division. Pothole patching and roadway maintenance is the responsibility of the Transportation and Stormwater Operations Division.
- Sidewalk and Trail projects to provide safe, accessible routes for pedestrians.
- Traffic Signal and Traffic Management projects to create an efficient and interconnected roadway system.
- Transportation Planning develops projects and studies to determine future transportation needs and opportunities.