1. Project ID: TBD | Department ID: TRANS20168.1 | Contract No.: TBD
2. Project ID: TBD | Department ID: TRANS20168.2 | Contract No.: TBD
3. Project ID: TBD | Department ID: TRANS20168.3 | Contract No.: TBD
As part of the Tampa M.O.V.E.S ((Mobility, Opportunity, Vision, Equity, and Safety) initiative, the City of Tampa’s Mobility Department is seeking public input to transform the MacDill Avenue. The MacDill corridor spans from Bay to Bay Boulevard to Columbus, and is divided into three segments as demonstrated below. (See map)
• Segment 1 – From Bay to Bay Boulevard to Kennedy Blvd
• Segment 2 – From Kennedy Blvd to Main Street
• Segment 3 – From Main Street to Columbus Avenue
A charrette is an intensive, multi-disciplinary workshop with the aim of developing a design or vision for a project or planning activity. The City of Tampa will host this a charette to gather public input in the design of Segment 1 of the project corridor. Public workshop for Segments 2 and 3 will be scheduled at a future time and place. In correlation with the scheduled Water Department project, Segment 1 roadway project improvement is currently scheduled for construction in early 2024. The charrette will look to develop typical section alternatives with potential for subsegments and spot plans for crossings and major intersections.