All installation(s), construction, and/or maintenance activities, which take place within the City of Tampa rights of way are subject to oversight by the City. This is accomplished via a permit application and review process. The most commonly requested permits fall into the following categories:
- Sidewalk and driveway construction/repair, which takes place within City rights of way, is regulated by a permit process in order to ensure optimal user safety.
- Utility construction and maintenance activities are also regulated by permit.
PLEASE NOTE: The right of way permit review and approval process takes approximately twelve (12) to fifteen (15) business days.
Please see the following for the right of way permit fee schedule: Right of Way Permit Fee Schedule
Sidewalk Cafe and Street Cafe:
- Sidewalk Cafe Permit (Accela website)
- Angled Parking Street Cafe Diagram
- Parallel Parking Street Cafe Diagram
- Sample Certificate of Insurance ACCORD FORM
- 4 Top Table Sample Layout 1
- 4 Top Table Sample Layout 2
- 4 Top Square Table Sample Layout 3
- 2 Top Table Sample Layout 4
Right of Way Permitting Resources
- ROW, AUP, WSN Permit Application (Accela website)
- Standard Right of Way Maintenance of Traffic Plans (PDF, 1568 kb)
- 48-Hour Work Start Notification (PDF, 750 kb)
- Notice of Completion (PDF, 780 kb)
- Non-Motorized Vehicle Application 2019 (PDF, 88 kb)
- Valet Permit Application (PDF, 331 kb)
Right of Way Permitting Section - Contact Information
Right of Way Permitting Review, Issuance, and General Questions
Tampa, Florida 33602