In 1986, the Tampa City Council approved a roadway-based City‐Wide Transportation Impact Fee to be imposed on land development in six impact fee districts (Ordinance No. 9362‐A). The impact fee was updated in 1989 to address right‐of‐way and construction cost increases and to include trip length variation by district. In October 20, 2010, the Tampa City Council passed Ordinance #2011-36, approving "No Transportation Impact Fee Zones" within East Tampa, West Tampa, and Ybor City, which were set to expire on October 20, 2015.
In 2014 the City conducted a Multi-Modal Fee Study to transition the City's transportation impact fee to a multi‐modal transportation impact fee without increasing fee rates. The new multi-modal impact fee provides flexibility to expand capital facilities for bicycle, pedestrian, and transit modes in addition to funding automobile capacity along the classified roadway network. As part of this study, the City also evaluated modifying the benefit district boundaries of the Central Business Impact Fee District.
On July 30, 2015, the Tampa City Council approved the Multi-Modal Transportation Impact Fee that became effective August 1, 2015, under the following ordinances:
- Multi-Modal Impact Fee Ordinance 2015-81
- Multi-Modal Impact Fee Ordinance 2015-82
- Multi-Modal Impact Fee Ordinance 2015-83
On March 17, 2016, the Tampa City Council extended the Ybor City and East Tampa No Fee Zones for Multi-Modal Transportation Impact Fees to October 20, 2020, under the following ordinance:
The current Multi-Modal Impact Fee Maps are as follows:
- Multi-Modal Impact Fee Districts Map_25.1
- Central Business District Map_25.1A
- Central-East Impact Fee District Map 25.1B
- Interbay Impact Fee District Map 25.1C
- North-Central Impact Fee District Map 25.1D
- University North Impact Fee District Map 25.1E
- Westshore Impact Fee District Map 25.1FEast Tampa Zone Map 25.1G
- Ybor City Impact Fee Zone Map 25.1I
- Central Business District_Benefit District_Map 25-1J
For specific information on transportation multi-modal fee rates and how these fees are applied, visit the City of Tampa Construction Services Center at 1400 N. Boulevard Tampa, FL 33607 or contact by phone at (813) 274-3100.