The City of Tampa Mobility Department is resurfacing E Davis Blvd to S Davis Blvd from the roundabout located off Severn Ave to the Davis Islands Bridge as part of the Davis Boulevard Complete Streets Project. This project was initiated in response to the Davis Islands Community Plan that was developed by the Davis Islands Plan Stewardship Committee and is divided into three segments. The City worked with DKS Associates, Inc. to analyze the existing traffic conditions and develop initial concepts for a complete streets project.
Segment I: S Davis Blvd at Severn Ave to E Davis Blvd at Chesapeake Ave
Segment II: E Davis Blvd from Barbados Ave to Davis Island Bridge
Segment III: E Davis Blvd from Chesapeake Ave to Barbados Ave (also known as “The Village”) and the Alley between Biscayne Ave and Barbados Ave
This project will resurface the road and construct complete streets elements to:
- improve the overall pavement condition
- upgrade curb ramps to comply with current ADA standards
- calm traffic and provide enhanced multimodal safety and connectivity
The City contractor has completed construction of segment I and segment II of the project, segment III is to start construction in the summer of 2022.
Contact Information ¶
Project Manager: Robert Hatton, P. E.
If you have questions about this meeting or project, please use the email link below:
Additional Information ¶
- Project Detail Sheet
- Public Meeting Complete Streets Presentation
- Public Meeting East Davis Blvd Presentation (Barbados Ave to Chesapeake Ave)
- Public Meeting Davis Blvd Presentation (Adalia Ave to Baltic Cir)
- Traffic Study: Davis Boulevard from Adalia Avenue to Baltic Cir
- Traffic Study: East Davis Boulevard through Davis Islands Village - Barbados Avenue to Chesapeake Avenue